The biannual Conference on Biology
The bi-annual Conference on Biology in Iceland will be held October 26 – 28 2017. As in previous years the conference covers research on all aspects of biology. Several scientists from Matís will take part.
The registration fee covers the entire conference program, at least one full lunch, snacks, refreshments in coffee breaks etc. Fee also includes ticket to the main Society social event on Saturday night.
Program / Matís
- “Genetic engineering of an Icelandic thermophilic bacterium: From macroalgae to bio-ethanol” | Antoine Moenaert, Bryndís Björnsdóttir, Ólafur H. Friðjónsson & Guðmundur Óli Hreggviðsson
- “Thermostable sgRNA-guided Cas9 nuclease system with novel PAM specificity” | Björn Þór Aðalsteinsson, William Merre, Ólafur Friðjónsson & Guðmundur Óli Hreggviðsson
- “Preliminary results on the sub-terrestrial biosphere of the neo-island Surtsey” |Pauline Bergsten, Pauline Vannier, Alexandra M. Klonowski, Andri Stefánsson, Tobias B Weisenberger, Marie Jackson, Magnús Tumi Guðmundsson & Viggó Þór Marteinsson
- “Unraveling host-microbe interactions in the marine sponge Halichondria panicea through high-throughput 16S rDNA amplicon sequencing and functional metagenomics” | Stephen Knobloch, Ragnar Jóhannsson and Viggó Thór Marteinsson
- “Microbial ecology of the subglacial East Skaftár lake in Vatnajökull glacier: new insights from metagenome sequencing.” | Gregory K. Farrant, Pauline Vannier, Alexandra Klonowski, Eric Gaidos, Þorsteinn Þorsteinsson & Viggó Þór Marteinsson
- “Microbes in the Icelandic Marine Environment (MIME).” | Mia Cerfonteyn, Clara Jégousse, Anouk Lyver, Pauline Vannier, René Groben, Kristinn Guðmundsson & Viggó Þór Marteinsson