Conference on Nordic Bioeconomy and Arctic Bioeconomy will be held on June 25th. Bioeconomy will be at the centre of Nordic cooperation in 2014. NordBio, the largest of three programmes under the Icelandic chairmanship of the Nordic Council of Ministers, is aimed at optimizing utilization of biological resources and minimizing waste, thus bolstering the Nordic Bioeconomy.
The Nordtic conference is held in connections with annual meeting of Council of Ministers for Fisheries and Aquaculture, Agriculture, Food and Forestry (MR-FJLS). MR-FJSL is responsible for the implementation of NordBio, in cooperation with the Nordic Councils of Ministers for the Environment (MR-M), Trade, Energy and Regional Policies (MR-NER), Educations and Research (MR-U), and Culture (MR-K).
Register for the conference
at Yourhost’s website.
Innovation in the Nordic and Arctic Bioeconomy
- 09:15 Coffee and registration
- 10:00 Opening the conference | Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson, Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture
- 10:15 No standard = no market | Dr. dr. Andreas Hensel, President at BfR
- 11:00 Product development in the Arctic Bioeconomy | Sigrún Elsa Smáradóttir, Research group
- 11:30 Industry success stories:
Janus Vang, Director, iNOVA and Leif Sörensen, Chef. Faroe Islands
Kim Lyberth, Inuili school, Greenland
Ingunn Jónsdóttir, Regional Manager Matís and Valdís Magnúsdóttir, farmer and local food
- 12:00 Lunch | Special taste of innovation
- 13:30 Branding of Nordic food | Emil Bruun Blauert, CEO, Executive Advisor and Developer, WNEAT
- 13:50 Microfeed: Turning wood into food | Clas Engström, Managing Director, SP Processum
- 14:10 Nutrition for the future – Possibilities of the Nordic areas? | Bryndís Eva Birgisdóttir, Associate
professor, University of Iceland
- 14:30 Coffee break
- 14:50 Food waste: Problem or growth opportunity? | Nils Kristian Afseth, Research Scientist, PhD,
- 15:10 Investing in algae – Ingredients for future food production | Olavur Gregersen, Managing
Director, Syntesa Partners & Associates
- 15:30 Assessing and mitigating risk in the Nordic Bioeconomy | Guðmundur Halldórsson, Research
Coordinator, Soil Conservation Service of Iceland
- 15:45 Reflection panel | Nordic and Arctic bioeconomy in local & global perspective:
Julian Roberts – COMSEC
Prof. Dr. Eberhard Haunhorst , President of Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer
Protection and Food Safety
Alda Agnes Gylfadóttir, Managing director, Einhamar Seafood
Sigurður Björnsson, Head of Research and Innovation, RANNÍS
Ásmundur Guðjónsson, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Fisheries Faroe Islands
- 16:30 End of conference
Guðrún Hafsteinsdóttir, Chairman of the Federation of Iceland Industries
The conference language: English.
Matís ltd. – Icelandic Food and Biotech R&D is coordinating the content and scientific part of the conference and Your Host in Iceland is coordinating practicalities.
Hotel rooms at Hotel Selfoss have been reserved at a special conference rate. Hotel reservation cannot be guaranteed after April 22, 2014. For hotel reservations and other practicalities please contact Your Host in Iceland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please contact Sigrún Elsa Smáradóttir at Matís.